The requirement for the fabric was that I had to have it and matching thread in my stash so I wouldn't need to go to the store. I found the leftovers of some neon pink swimsuit knit and just barely eked out enough for the top. The pattern is Simplicity 1468, view A (shown above). I shortened the top by about 3.5 inches because I wanted it to end at my natural waist and I am freakishly short-waisted. After shortening it I added a 1.5 inch band to the bottom for a more finished look. The sleeve length is view C. I had to narrow the shoulders (nothing new there) for proper fit. Finally, I raised the neckline to see if I could make it modest enough to want to wear without a shirt underneath, in case I decide to make a full length top out of it. I think that covers all the pattern changes.
The top would have been a quick and easy sew had it not been for the fabric I used. The double needle seemed to get a thrill from skipping stitches. If I sew this pattern again I think I'll gather the front ends before inserting them into the side seams. That way the crossover lays on my bust would be more flattering if it went under instead of over. I doubt I'll make the full length shirt, so the height on the neckline won't present a problem.
Conclusion: the pattern is really easy to sew and I would recommend it I have not yet taken any further pictures of me wearing the top, so you'll have to wait for better views of the finished product.