Thursday, October 8, 2015

Lotus Blossom Blouse and Peg Legs

There has been quite a bit of sewing going on around here lately, just not a lot of picture taking orblogging. I meant to remedy that this morning (and print off another pattern) when I found the corpse of our laptop. I can't even get it to turn on. Insert the weeping of bitter tears. So today's offering to the blogging gods includes pics that are not cropped or edited to be more flattering. You're welcome. Or I apologize, whichever one fits the bill for you. :)

My first exercise in humility for the day is this pair of Peg Legs by Patterns for Pirates:
My attempt at looking carefree and confident when I'm really not feeling that way.
I avoid leggings like the plague. Still, I felt the need to give it as try and a free pattern (you can get the code to get the pattern here when you join the Patterns for Pirates Facebook group) is a great reason to go for it. It uses a yoga waist band and is super comfy. These leggings still haven't seen the outside of my house. I'm kind of self-conscious about the size of my legs and putting them on display of out of my comfort zone. Also, I don't have any shirts in a tunic length and I won't wear these without a bit more coverage. I could remedy that by making a tunic length top in a solid color but I've been having too much fun making other things.
I found that fingertip length shirts make me feel more comfortable in leggings.
The pattern for this next top comes from Love Notions. It's the Lotus Blossom Blouse, which I have made twice now. I made a few little modifications. I raised the neckline a couple of inches, lengthened the sleeves, and left more of the center front seam open at the bottom to give a little more space. That last part probably doesn't make a lot of sense unless you are familiar with these pattern. Either way, I really like the end result from this pattern. It's fun and feminine without taking a lot of time to make.
Photo cred goes to Pink Blur. Yay for five year old photographers! And awkward foot positioning.

I have eight other projects that have been cut out or completed, three more with patterns and fabric set aside, and countless others I would like to do if I had the time. With any luck I'll take pictures of the completed items soon. Until then, I'll keep plugging away at my current project: a child's top and pants combo that is to be auctioned off for a fundraiser this weekend. Here's to hoping it goes for a good price!

1 comment:

  1. legging design is awesome. You can also print this design by digital textile printing services to make your leggings more attractive.

    ReplyDelete