Sunday, June 19, 2011

Baby Contest

Back in the day my mom entered me in the Freedom Festival Baby contest.  I've always loved the picture that came from that day.

I suppose I always thought I was a pretty cute baby.  Now I have two beautiful girls of my own, Blue Eyes and Pink Blur.  I carried on the tradition for my Blue Eyes's first two years.  She won a prize in the costume category both years!  I was extra proud of that because I'd made the dresses.  In the second one she's a waitress and has her little medal.























This year it was time for Pink Blur. I dearly wanted to be there for it all (I have a lot of fun at these things) but it was the first day of building our house and missing that isn't exactly an option.  My parents were gracious enough to take the girls and go through the process with my younger daughter.  She didn't win a prize, but she's still the cutest little thing I think I've ever seen.  I'll probably enter her next year, too.  I'm really sad I missed this one.


Her sailor dress is one I bought to go with a sailor dress my older daughter has.  I thought it was a cute little patriotic thing, as well.  I also made her a costume.  I made her a little Scarlett O'Hara costume to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War.  I thought it was pretty creative.  The pictures don't show Pink Blur to her full cuteness.  I guess she was kind of freaked out when the photographer tried to get her attention by sticking a fuzzy toy in her face.  My parents told me she was not happy and the fuzzy thing really distressed her.  That sad face says it all.  I still think she made a darling Scarlett.

What are your ideas for a patriotic costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment