This skirt has taken me longer to make than anything else I've ever done. Not that it was a difficult pattern or anything, it just took a long time to get around to it. I bought the fabric at least five years ago, maybe closer to ten. I almost gave the fabric away because I thought I'd never use it. After finally cutting it out and sewing up the sides it sat on my to-do pile for a while before I put the facing on. Then I waited around forever to hem it. You get the idea. Thank goodness I didn't give the fabric away. I kind of love this skirt now that I've finished it.
The pattern I used is a simple a-line skirt. As with most of my patterns, it is out of print. Butterick 4233. I cut it on the straight grain instead of on the bias as is called for on the pattern. There are no darts and no pleats--just shaped front and back pieces with a grosgrain ribbon facing. I do wish, however, that I had made a traditional waist facing rather than using the ribbon as the pattern suggests. With embroidered and beaded fabric there's no need for interesting lines or pattern details. Easy and gorgeous. :)