Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nine Years

Today is my ninth wedding anniversary.  What the what?!?  How did time pass that quickly?  It's been a great nine years.  Because I use this as a sewing blog I'll make sure that the pictures have something I made in them. :)
The picture above is one of the four we sent out with wedding invitations.  I was too indecisive to pick just one, so we chose four and sent them out at random.  I may be indecisive about pictures, but I'm glad I chose this man and that we've stuck together through thick and thin.  In this picture I added the ribbon detail on my shirt and altered the hem on the pants.  Not that you can see it, but I did.  The shirt was a bit too small so the ribbon on the side is really there to make the shirt a bit bigger.  The ribbon under the bust was a good way to liven up the shirt and tie in the ribbon on the side seam.  Here's another engagement shot:
Isn't The Hubs handsome?

In the wedding picture I made my dress.  My mom attached the skirt to the bodice and did the bead work.  I also made the bridesmaid dresses.  My bridesmaids were my sister in law, my best friend from high school, and my best friend from childhood.
It was a touch windy on our wedding day.  My veil blew in front of my face just as we were about to have our first kiss outside the temple.  As is obvious from the picture above, I found it hilarious.
The guests that hadn't already fled to their cars to get away from the wind and cold.  This was moments before the wind took my veil and I screamed like a banshee for someone to go chase after it.  My little brother does a great job sprinting in to parking lots.
When I say it was "a touch windy" what I really mean is "the wind uprooted trees, pulled the veil completely off my head, and turned my gown into a kite."
It was windy enough that we went back six weeks later to take pictures in friendlier weather.
Now we're nine years and three children later.  I love him more now than I did when I married him.  The passing of time has added a few gray hairs, wrinkles, extra pounds, and a lot of wonderful memories.  We work together as a team and we have an eternal perspective on our marriage.  I'm so happy that he's mine forever and ever until the end of time..which doesn't exist.  How blessed I am.
In keeping with the "I made this" idea, the shirt I'm wearing in the family pictures is one I made from a McCall's pattern.
I love this man.  I recently discovered that The Hubs gets even better looking with time.  When I was in high school I had no idea why the other girls would think Sean Connery was so attractive.  I still don't.  But those few gray hairs my husband sports around his temples?  Dead sexy.  I love them because I feel like I'm a part of them.  I probably caused a few of them, but that's beside the point.  We're perfectly matched and I love being in love with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment