Friday, March 22, 2013

Family Friday--Day Three

Yesterday was a day for celebration.  My husband finished writing his book.  Yes, I said book!  Book, book, book, book, BOOK!!!  He's been working on it for about a year now, writing some almost every day.  What I've read (the first eight chapters) is really good and a very engaging story.  Bad wife of the year award goes to me for not having read it all the way through yet.  My excuse is that it's not in a tangible form that I can put a bookmark in and I haven't figured out how to find my place in less than ten minutes in the electronic format.  But I do know the basics of the story, as the Hubs has kept me up to date with the basic story line.  He's got great ideas.
My husband, the author.  I'm so proud of him.
We decided to celebrate the completion of his novel by going out to dinner.  Going out to dinner with the kids requires something a little more casual.  The Hubs decided we should try a pizza place in the next town over where we had a great a deal from his work.  We were surprised at how small it was.  Four little booths and three little tables made up the entire serving area.  It may not have been a fancy celebration, but it was a tasty one.
The girls are enjoying the celebratory dinner.
Q-ball got to try his first soda.  He wasn't sure what to think about the fizz at first.  He got over that quickly.  Blue Eyes ate the cheesy bread and had her drink.  She showed no interest in the pizza.  The Pink Blur ate a little bit and then tried to escape.  I was just glad she asked to go to the bathroom when she felt the urge.  Potty training regression is not awesome.  Cleaning the carpet after potty training regression is even less awesome.  After she dropped a bomb I told her if she kept going on the carpet she would have to start wearing diapers again.  She thought about it for a moment and said, "Okay. I wear diapers."  I shouldn't have made it sound like an option.  Rookie mistake.  Lucky for me I was able to tell her that we wouldn't be able to go for pizza if she didn't put her peepee in the toilet and that was adequate motivation.
He's starting to get his daddy's curly hair.  So cute.
Anyway, it was great to celebrate my husband's accomplishment together as a family and I'm glad that's how he wanted to do it.  You can't always know before you get married if your husband will be a good father.  I lucked out BIG TIME with the Hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment