Monday, March 11, 2013

New Addition

I love new additions to the family. This one was a joyful surprise.

My mom called and told me one of her coworkers had a very lightly used Necchi serger to sell.  I snatched it up.  $80 for a serger is pretty good when you figure it'll be a few more years before you get one. They run into the hundreds of dollars so I was beyond thrilled to pay $80 for one in good condition.  Brand new this model would cost me in the neighborhood of $300.  $220 off?  Sold.  I am SO excited to start working with this.

image via tumblr
I think I'll call her Lesley.  As a child I used to watch Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella with Lesley Ann Warren.  I remember her having a long, graceful neck and there was even part of one of the songs that made a brief mention of Cinderella's neck.  Necchi-->Neck-y-->Lesley.  :)  The text in the image describes my feelings about the serger pretty well.  I'm gonna love this machine.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment