Monday, March 25, 2013

Move it Monday--Day Six

There are two big goals I've got right now.  The first (and easiest) is to finish y Easter dress.  No problem.  At this point I just need to insert the sleeves and hem it up.  There is another finishing touch I need to add, but that's on order.  I doubt it will come before Easter.  Thankfully the dress can be worn without the addition so I will still have an Easter dress.  The girls' dresses were purchased at Costco.  Is that cheating?  :P
Easter dress sneak peek.  I'm LOVING this dress!
The second goal is to get a structured schedule set up for the kids.  I've tried it before without success but it's something I really need and want to get done.  After reading something I wrote in my journal nine years ago I was forced into some soul searching.  The result was a realization that I'm not doing my best to be a good mom.  I'm not looking for perfection, but I am looking for improvement.  Having structure to the day is a step in the right direction.  Any suggestions for how you implement a schedule for your kids without being too rigid?  Not an easy task for me.  I just want the kids's schedule to be dictated by something other than the TV.
Oh, television, how we seem to worship thee.
Back to the first goal...there's a second half.  If I work hard and try my best then I can be down to the goal weight for which the Easter dress pattern was originally the reward.  It's just a matter of remembering to keep the eating under control.
She'll be watching me...
 These goals WILL HAPPEN this week.  What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment