Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thankful Thursday--Day Sixteen: Q-ball

Today I'm thankful for my adorable little son.  He turns a year old next week.  It's wonderfully horrifying and terribly happy.  First birthdays are always bittersweet for me.  Sometimes I wish I could just pause time and keep things the way they are.  But I'm excited for all the fun stuff ahead as he grows.
Easter Sunday.  This kid is happiest with his thumb in his mouth and holding a handful of my hair.
Q-ball was a surprise for us, as I became pregnant with him when we were still framing our house.  He was my easiest, but most painful delivery.  I went without an epidural because our insurance at the time wasn't what we assumed we had signed up for (should've read more closely...) and meds cost more money than I was willing to pay.  But he came without incident and has been my sweetest, most even-tempered baby ever since.
His bottle was inside the crib and he was out
We love this little boy more than we can say.  He's so happy and full of life and curiosity.  We're so blessed to have him.
His sisters were having too much fun without him, so he crawled right in.  There is a picture nearly identical to this of me and my fully-clothed little brother when we were children.
A handsome boy...even with dinner face.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! Gotta' love bath time! :) Your Annie blanket story made me cry - I think I'm going to have to see if my skills are up to making one.

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog - it made my night! :)

    ReplyDelete